EDUEXPERTS SA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
POPIA ACT DISCLAIMER:
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- information relevant to examination applications, that includes but is not limited to South African ID number, contact details, and a photograph.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We require your personal information for examination application processing and registration.
- We may periodically send emails with information that is pertinent to your use of the website, using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use SMS messages to communicate reminders and confirmations with all candidates.
- In the event that your credit card details are provided, these are provided to a third-party through a secure payment gateway to a company called PayFast, whose website is payfast.co.za<. Neither EduExperts nor PayFast will store your credit card information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Credit card transactions are managed by PayFast, using SSL encryption to protect these details.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you do not wish to be contacted or added to the mailing list, please do not register on the website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.